Bullentin?
Thursday, February 22, 2007

Nashira Williams
Week # 3

Well it took me a while to update this profile with google but I got it now. In either case this week I met with the pastor to see how he created the bullentin for church. Well he doesn't really have a bullentin because he doesn't really like how they are set up and he didnt really go into detail about that. But what he does is create a half sheet which includes the upcoming events at church. He uses the program print shop which is probably the only graphic or art like program that I do not know how to operate. I am familiar with Photoshop, Publisher, Word, Illustrator and Pagemaker so this was a good experience for me. I liked this program because it had a lot of pictures but there were also a lot of pictures pertaining to religion which is another reason why he prefers this software. What he tries to do with this "bullentin" is add alot of color, he wants to make sure that it pops up. One thing he emphasized was that he wants to grab the reader and he wants anyone to be able to pick it up and say I want to go to that whether they are a member or just entering in. In addition, he was telling me that he was going to be changing the announcement sheet (that seems more suitable) by adding a greeting for new comers. Furthermore, for this week he decided to add the weather to the bottom of the sheet to provide convience for the members and to get them looking at the announcements everyday as they check the weather. That was my job to get a five day forecast, well I actually created it on Publisher and sent it to him. It was a privelege to work with Pastor Ryan and his wife Katara was there as well. I just love how they are willing to improve their church in every aspect. They are always trying new things to get more people into church and to inspire the growth of the church. Blessing to you! Thank you for reading

4 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger markallen06 said...

Nashira- Sounds like you had an interesting experience. I agree that it is cool to see that the pastors you are working with care about the church to the smallest detail. There are many little things that help a church stay organized and run properly. I am glad that you had this experience. Have a great weekend!

In Him,

Mark Shepherd

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nashira*
sometimes, i'm really not the biggest fan of bulletins because they can get really complicated - but it sounds as if the pastor is doing the bulletin part in a creative way. i love 'one sheet' bulletins - especially with a lot of color! they definitely do grab the readers' attention. it sounds as if your pastor really has a heart for those who attend the church! what a great blessing to have a supervisor like that! God bless! - laura campbell

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Joshua Henderson said...

I kinda like that idea of adding the weather in at the end of bulliten. It brings more emphasis on "This is the day that the Lord has made".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

PROFILE
Name Your Name
Gender Your Gender
Sign Your sign
DOB Your DOB

PREVIOUS POSTS
Nashira WilliamsFebruary 6 2007Post # 2This week I...
Praise and Worship
I am signed in